A monthly publication of the
Davies Manor Association, Inc.
Greetings from Davies Manor Plantation!
In our February newsletter, we're excited to share photos of the grounds covered in snow! We also have more information about our plans for April, including field trip activities, events, and an exhibit. Scroll all the way down for a list of upcoming events!
We love when the snow turns the plantation grounds into a winter wonderland! Our Plantation Manager, Jason Morris, braved the winter weather to capture these photos of the grounds. Enjoy!
Attention Teachers: Plan an April Field Trip!
We're celebrating Earth Day during the entire month of
April, and we've planned some fun activities to teach kids about nature. We will schedule Earth Day activities two days per week in April, from 9am-12pm, with a limit of 50 students each day. Teachers will be given the opportunity to schedule field trips on a first-come, first-served basis.
Some of our activities will include:
• Container Gardening
• Nature Walk
• Garden Tour
• Painting with Natural Dyes
We will have docents on hand to help guide students through each activity. If you would like to schedule a field trip, please email us at email@example.com or call 901-386-0715.
• Our Quilters' Potluck will be held Saturday, February 20th, from 10am-4pm. Check our Facebook page for details!
• The following are our Challenge quilt workshop days, with workshops held from 1pm-4pm all four Sundays:
February 28, April 24, July 31, September 25
• Our annual Docent Brunch will be held Thursday, March 24th, from 9:30am-12pm at Hillwood. To RSVP to the brunch, please call 901-386-0715, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The manor house will re-open Friday,
April 1st. On Sunday, April 3rd, we will celebrate the
annual History Festival at Hillwood. The weekend of April 2nd and 3rd,
we will also hold our grand opening of the manor house.
• During the month of April, we'll host an exhibit of vintage aprons, courtesy of the Apron Museum in
Iuka, Mississippi. Until then, check out some of the aprons in their collection!
• In mid-April, we'll begin work on our new gardens! If you're interested in volunteering in the gardens, please call 901-386-0715 or email email@example.com,
and we will call you when we are ready to begin planting!
• Davies Manor will host a reenactment of the skirmish of Morning Sun on September 10th and 11th. If
you would like to volunteer or support this event with a financial
contribution to Davies Manor, please call Nancy McDonough at
901-386-0715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mission of the Davies Manor Association, Inc. is to preserve and enhance Davies Manor Plantation as a portrayal of early Shelby County farm life for the education and enjoyment of visitors.
In this edition
April Field Trips
- Upcoming Events
Looking for ways to get involved?
Call or e-mail to find out how!
We have many volunteer opportunities available.
Please let us know how we can improve our exhibits, programs, or electronic publications.
E-mail us at email@example.com to share your comments, questions, and suggestions.