Click to view this email in a browser

TreasuresFlyerWeb 2

New Exhibit opening this Sunday:  "Treasures from our Collection"


For the months of June and July the Historical Society of the Nyacks will display “Treasures from Our Collection,” featuring the beautiful Nyack Star Quilt made in Nyack in 1862 that is signed by 50 local citizens.  Also on display will be our newly-acquired woven blue and white coverlet made for M.A. Cornelison in 1837, and a colorful Crazy Quilt that is over 100 years old.

   

In 1889 the local newspaper reported the unearthing of 3 Native American pestles on the riverfront property of Garret Sarvent.  These pestles will be on display, as will be a piano and sewing machines that were all made in Nyack.   The bell and pointer from the first Upper Nyack School (1843-1885) and many other items of historic interest will be exhibited.  


A new exhibit will also be displayed in the glass cases in the Carnegie-Farian room at the Nyack Public Library (Broadway entrance).

Historical Society of the Nyacks Museum

Sundays 1 – 4 pm from June 4 through July 24, 2016

or by appointment

Free admission, donations appreciated

Depew House, 50 Piermont Ave., Lower Level,

behind Nyack Library, facing Memorial Park


info@nyackhistory.org        www.nyackhistory.org        845.535.1402




If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the following link: Unsubscribe

Historical Society of the Nyacks
P. O. Box 850
Nyack, New York 10960
US

Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy.

Non-Profits Email Free with VerticalResponse!