| View Online | AWFW Home | March 30, 2016
It's Almost PB&J Day
Mark Hawthorne (author of Bleating Hearts, Striking at the Roots, and A Vegan Ethic on pre-order) blogs about National PB&J Day, including
A Well-Fed World's annual PB&J Campaign.
Read Mark's PB&J Day blog post here.
In addition to school and community events (like the students in Peru pictured here), you can help spread the word by sharing our Facebook meme (also pictured here).
Fun... friendly... powerful...
If one meat meal a day is replaced, that's 7 meals a week (more than twice as many as day-based campaigns). Combine with Meatout Mondays, and that's almost 50% vegan meals.
Vegan dietician, Ginny Messina, RD, calls the peanut butter sandwich "a great tool for helping new vegans make the transition. It’s an easy answer to travel challenges and a quick option for meeting protein needs, especially for those whose palates aren’t especially adventurous."
NEW - Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale Website
We are excited to launch the new website for the Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale!
In addition to the main event, we encourage people to hold vegan bakes sales year-round to raise funds and awareness for their favorite cause.
There's still time to organize a bake sale during this year’s official event. Please register online or email us, so we can count you in.
We also encourage the easy option of simply baking vegan treats to give away for free at work, school, or in a community group. For best results, pair with vegan literature.
Visit our new website for bake sale tips, recipes, tips for non-bakers, free literature, t-shirts & checklist.
Keep current with us and help spread the word on Facebook and Twitter.
Special thanks to VEBU in Germany for making this year the best yet in Europe! Pictured here is a group in Bremen that raised 1200 Euros for the oceans.
Sustainable Keys Global Grants - MATCHED
We continue to empower vegan advocacy and direct care for people and animals through our Global Grants program.
In the first quarter of 2016 alone, we've distributed more than 65 grants. See more details, including how to apply.
Want to help?
Donate to your favorite group and we will MATCH it! Restrictions apply - email for details.
- Albany Vegan Network - VegFest Event Sponsorship
- And-Hof Sanctuary for Farm Animals - Animal Rescue and Vegan Outreach
- Animal Liberation South Australia - Animal advocacy and Outreach - Australia
- Animals United Movement (AUM Films) - "What the Health" Documentary
- Animals Voice - Online Vegan Magazine
- Beautiful U Yes U - Food Pantry & Outreach
- Better Health Better Life - Vegan Food and Community Education
- Big Fat Vegan Radio - Vegan Advocacy and Outreach
- Bite Size Vegan - Online Vegan Advocacy
- Black Vegans Rock - Online Vegan Advocacy
- C.A.L.F. Sanctuary - Dukes Place Called Home Campaign
- Chillis on Wheels - Vegan Feeding Program
- Compassion Actions Project - Vegan Food Pantry
- Delicious TV - Vegan Cooking Show
- DJ Cavem Organic Gardener - Vegan Advocacy to Youth
- Driftwood Magazine - Vegan Magazine Printing & Distribution
- Earthling Liberation Kollective - Distribution of Vegan/Justice Publication - Canada
- EDEN Skopje - Vegan Earth Day Event - Macedonia
- Ethical Choices Program - Humane Education and Vegan Advocacy
- Eugene Veg Education Network (EVEN) - Vegan Education and Outreach
- Factory Farming Awareness Coalition - Oakland Veg Week
- Faun Accion Education - Vegan Conference and Education - Mexico
- Food Empowerment Project - Food Justice Advocacy
- Food For Life Global - Emergency Feeding Programs
- Food Not Bombs - Vegan Food Shares & Farm Training
- Global Conservation Group - Animal Protection Campaigns
- Grow Where You Are - Veganic Farming and Feeding
- Karuna Society Sanctuary - Care for Rescued Farm Animals
- Help Animals India - Farm Animal Care & Rescue - India
- Hip Hop Green Dinners - Vegan Youth Outreach Tour
- Humane League Baltimore - VegFest Sponsorship
- Humane Society of Louisiana - Vegan for a Day Event
- International Fund for Africa - Vegan School Lunch Program - Ethiopia
- International Vegetarian Union - Meatless Mondays - Benin
- Intersectional Justice Conference - Sponsorship, Scholarships, and Videography
- Love 'n Light Wellness - Vegan Food Donation for People in Need
- Microsanctuary Movement - Training and Farm Animal Care
- Middleway Forest Farm - Vegan Permaculture Plant Nursery
- Mother & Child Center - Vegan Food and Farming - Ethiopia
- Nutrition Facts - Dr. Greger's Online Vegan Nutrition Education
- Occupy for Animals - Online Vegan Advocacy - Luxembourg
- Open the Cages Alliance - Vegan Living Program
- Our Hen House - Educational Podcasts & Outreach
- Pasado's Safe Haven - Farm Animal Care and Rescue
- Peace Advocacy Network (PAN) - Vegan Pledge Programs
- Peaceful Fields Sanctuary - Farm Animal Care and Rescue
- Plant Based Foods Association - Trade Group Seed Funding
- Poplar Spring Animal Sanctuary - Run for Animals Race Sponsorship
- Responsible Eating And Living (REAL) - Vegan Advocacy & Outreach
- Sacramento Vegetarian Society - Vegan Chef Challenge
- Sage Gardeners - Food Gardens in Senior Communities
- Save Ex-Battery Hens Campaign - Medical Care for Rescued Hens - Norway
- Sistah Vegan Project - Online Conference Outreach
- Tallahassee Vegetarian Community - North Florida VegFest Sponsorship
- Tofu Magazine - The Book of T.O.F.U. Support and Promotion
- Triangle Chance for All - Farm Animal Care and Rescue
- VEDDAS - Animal Rights Events - Brazil
- Vegan for Life - Vegan Earth Day and Outreach
- Vegan Publishers - Children's Vegan Book
- Vegan Roadie - Traveling Vegan Cooking Show
- Vegetarians of Central Florida - Earth Day & VegFest Sponsorship
- VegMichigan - VegFest Sponsorship
- VegToons - Creation and Promotion of Vegan Animation
- VINE Sanctuary - Conference Travel & Outreach
- V's Velvet Cuisine - Seed Funding for Vegan Cafe