“The LORD will keep you from all evil; the Lord will keep your life. The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time on and forevermore.”
- from yesterday's Call to Prayer, Psalm 121
• Combined Worship Teams Meeting with Bethel UCC, 7-8pm, more details
• Iglesia de Restauracion Pacto Eterno, 7-9pm
• Brethren Voices, 11am, more details
• Handbell Choir Rehearsal, 7-8pm
• Sunday School, 9:45am
• All-Church Lunch & Council Meeting, following worship, more details
• Brethren Voices, 6:30pm, more details
Wed., 11/22 - Community Thanksgiving Service at ACoB, 7pm
Sat., 12/2 - Decorating for Advent, 9am
Combined Worship Team Meeting | Mon., Nov. 13, 7pm
ACOB and Bethel UCC worship teams are having a combined meeting in the church library on Monday, November 13, at 7-7:45pm. Following that meeting, the ACOB worship team will spend approximately 30 minutes discussing the season of Advent.
Annual Congregational Meeting | Sun., Nov. 19, following worship
More Details | arlingtoncob.org/calendar
Please plan to attend the annual congregation (council) meeting on Sunday, November 19, immediately following worship. There will be a carry-in meal provided, so please bring a dish to share. We will be discussing the budget for 2018 and would love your input!
For more information on neighboring church, denomination and non-profit events listed, check the calendar at the above link or contact the office.
Advocate, Volunteer + Give.
Arlington Forest Coat Drive
Arlington Forest is holding a coat drive for Arlington Public Housing. Please bring any gently used, clean coats to help keep someone warm this winter. Donations can be dropped off at Arlington Forest in the collection box located in the parlor near the window.
Calendar Donations Needed!
The residents of Sunrise Retirement home are looking for new 2018 calendars. If you have received any free calendars via giveaway or mail that you do not intend to use, please consider donating them. Bring any donations to the church office.
Dunker Punks Podcast | http://bit.ly/churchtoo
As a hashtag around the conversation of sexual assault circulates, Dunker Punks Podcast finds a voice in it. In this episode, Jen Jensen and Emmy Goering create a conversation about sexual violence and challenge the church to take a role in rejecting rape culture. Type in the case sensitive url to listen on the showpage or subscribe on iTunes. Listen by clicking the above link or subscribing on iTunes.
Worship Audio | Online
Listen again to this week's sermon, catch a sermon from a Sunday you were out or peruse the archives. Each Sunday message along with a selection of hymns and readings is posted online or subscribe on iTunes.
Brethren Voices | Brethren Peace Message Captivates Venezuela, Spain, Rwanda
Brethren Voices is the TV show featuring what Brethren do as a matter of our faith. The episode for November features Jay Wittmeyer, Executive Director of Global Mission and Service for the Church of the Brethren. Watch online now! Watch in Arlington on Comcast 69/Verizon-FIOS 38 on Sundays at 6:30 pm, Wednesdays at 11 am.
New! #BlessedBreak | http://bit.ly/BlessedBreak74
This week’s video offers a prayer break, a contemplative prayer for presence in the tradition of Psalm 46.
Pray. Call. Write.
- Carole C. , another surgery on Monday
- Melody and James on the birth of Phoenix Avery, 11/7
- Family and friends of Theresa M., after her passing last week
- John Dettra, physical therapy for his back
- Alma, following the passing of her sister, Edna
- Judy, Alma's neice, following the death of her mother a week before her wedding
- Hermella, Amy's neighbor, an 11 year old with seizures
- Charles Tuck, Hazel's son, with brain cancer
- The Weimer Family, following the loss of Nancy's mother, Charlotte
- Mrs. Shawn Hiepson, healing breast cancer
- Birgitta D. and daughter Sophia
- Church of the Brethren in Nigeria (EYN), including 113 girls still captive
Keep in your ongoing prayers: Erin Julca, Steve Shuss, Minnie Simmons, Carolyn Studds
Note: Prayer concerns will ordinarily be listed for four weeks. If you would like one to be kept on or added back in, please let the office know. Names in bold are new to the list or updated this week.
The parable of the ten bridesmaids leads to some serious contemplation about gun violence and practices for peacemakers.