|SCHS Newsletter - Week of January 16th, 2017
Message from the Principal
Dear Bobcat Nation,
Please note the difference between the Sage Creek High School trimester break day and the Carlsbad Unified School District semester break day.
Sage Creek students will not have school on Friday, March 10th, which is the Friday between the end of trimester 2 and beginning of trimester 3. All other CUSD schools will not have school on Friday, January 27th.
Both break days are non-student days.
J. César Morales
Principal, Sage Creek High School
|1/25 - Concussion Seminar & PTSA General Association Meeting
|When: Wed., January 25, 6:00-7:15 p.m.
Where: SCHS Cafeteria
PTSA General Association Meeting
- Concussion Prevention Tips
- What is Baseline Testing and why every player needs it
- What to do/not do if an athlete sustains a concussion
- Dangerous signs and symptoms that are often missed
- How a concussion affects an athlete’s brain and future
- When is it safe to return to school and regular activities
- Click here to view the Event Flyer.
|1/26 - SCHS Parent-Staff Book Club
|When: Thursday, January 26, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Where: SCHS Cafeteria
|Trimester Break vs. Semester Break Day
|Sage Creek Trimester Break Day: No School
SCHS students will not have school on Friday, March 10, which is the Friday between the end of trimester two and beginning of trimester 3.
CUSD Semester Break Day: No School
All other CUSD schools will not have school on Friday, January 27.
|2017-2018 PTSA Board Volunteers Needed
|From January - March 2017, the PTSA Nominating Committee will be looking for volunteers to fill a number of officer and chairperson positions for the 2017-2018 Executive Board.
|CUSD Parent University & Tech Talks
CUSD Parent University
Cal State University San Marcos (CSUSM) is offering an 8 week program called F.A.C.E. (Family Alliance Community Exchange) to CUSD families which will focus on the Habits of Mind and college and career readiness. The Habits of Mind are the essential skills identified by CSUSM that are necessary for students to be successful in college and beyond and skills that parents can use to support and create environments that allow their children to be successful in college and beyond.
Sessions begin on January 31st!
- 8 Sessions on Tuesdays from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. on 1/31, 2/7, 2/21, 2/28, 3/7, 3/14, 3/21, 3/28
- Location: Valley Middle School, 1645 Magnolia Avenue, Carlsbad, CA 92008
- The final session is a family tour of Cal State University San Marcos. Transportation will be provided.
- Spaces are limited! RSVP to Elisa Ayala at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-331-5110 or Rosemary Eshelman at email@example.com by January 24th.
- Click here for Event Information Flyer.
Tech Talks with Jon Moffat
John Moffat is a cyber educator who will cover topics including managing your digital reputation, online safety, cyberbullying, and the latest technology trends that students are using. He will have 3 webinars which will be published on the CUSD website.
October 18, 2016 - see CUSD website for link https://vimeo.com/188453536
November 2, 2016 - see CUSD website for link
December 16, 2016 - see CUSD website for link https://vimeo.com/195682444
January 12th, 2017 at 6:00 pm at CHMS
February 3, 2017 8:30-9:30 at VMS in English & Spanish
March 27, 2017 at 6:00 pm at AOMS - Spanish Presentation