SCHS Newsletter Mar 12, 2017
Dear BOBCAT Nation,
The school year is rapidly progressing and trimester three is upon us. Please note that as students consider submitting for a class schedule change, the following are three examples of acceptable requests:
- Level change: e.g. you have Spanish 1A on your schedule, but you need to be in Spanish 1B.
- Open Period: less than five classes in one trimester.
- Incorrect class: incorrect class, e.g. you requested ASL but received Spanish.
Examples of unacceptable changes:
- Request for a specific teacher, trimester, or period.
- Required grade level courses will not be dropped.
Students can request a schedule change within the first 10 days of each trimester. Friday, March 24, is the deadline to drop a course for trimester three.
Looking forward to an exceptional final 12 weeks of school!
J. César Morales
Principal, Sage Creek High School
|Graduation Cap & Gown Order Deadline Tues, Mar 14
|Order Cap & Gown at
Cost of Cap, Gown and Tassel set: $29.50
- Seniors must order their Cap & Gown for Graduation by Tuesday, March 14
For Questions Contact:
- Additional senior items are also available for purchase on the SoCalRecognition site.
|Medical Career Fair - Wed, March 15
Bobcat Students & Parents - sign up for an exciting after-school Career Panel with medical professionals!
- Wednesday, March 15, 2017
- 2:45-3:45 PM
- In SCHS Cafeteria
Learn first-hand from a Physician’s Assistant & an Occupational Therapy Assistant::
- What jobs in their medical fields are like
- Where you can work
- School requirements
- What you can earn
- What you can do NOW to get started in this field!!
Also meet representatives from several schools offering 2-9 year programs with associate degrees to doctoral degrees in diverse medical fields (see details at sagecreekhs.carlsbadusd.net/ptsa)
FREE FOOD and DRINKS!
Please sign-up to attend this event: RSVP online by clicking here
|CPR Class - Thur 3/23 & Wed 3/29
|WHO: All Bobcat students and parents are invited to learn or update your CPR skills. Sign-up today because class space is limited & registration is required.
WHERE: SCHS Cafeteria
WHEN: Choose which class date works best for you:
Thurs., 3/23/17 from 3:00-5:00 PM
(w/ FREE FOOD @ 2:45!)
or Wed., 3/29/17 from 6:00-8:00 PM
COST: $20 per individual [*Scholarships are available]
DETAILS: This PTSA-Sponsored 2-hour adult, child and infant CPR class is taught by a certified instructor, Sue Lockhardt of Lockhardt Training (www.lockhart-training.com).
► CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP FOR CPR CLASS
|Grad Nite Tickets Now on Sale!
SCHS Bobcat Class of 2017 Senior Graduates
Disneyland Resort & California Adventure
12:30 PM Fri, June 16- 3:30 AM Sat, June 17 *see online
Transportation via buses to & from Anaheim
$130 at sagecreekhs.carlsbadusd.net/gradnite
(scholarships are avilable for families with financial need)
April 21, 2017
|Senior Information - Dates to Note
Dates & Info about ALL Senior Events at:
Learn about these Senior events and more:
- Senior Award Night on Tues, May 23, 6-7:30 PM in Bobcat Arena
- Prom on Saturday, May 20 at Wild Animal Park
- Senior Legacy Night on Friday, June 2 in Bobcat Arena
- Senior Walk-Off on Mon, June 12 in Advisory
- Senior Breakfast on Tues, June 13 at 8am-11am at Lux Art Institute (Encinitas)
- Senior Field Trip/ Field Day on Wed, June 14 at TBD
- Graduation Rehearsal on Thur, June 15th, 9-10:30 AM at Bobcat Stadium
- Graduation on Thur, June 15th, 6:30-7:45 PM on Bobcat Stadium
- Grad Nite on Friday, June 16th at Disneyland
|Course Request Deadlines: March 20-27
|More info at sagecreekhs.carlsbadusd.net/courserequests
Mar 20 - 11th Gr. Course Request Forms Due
Mar 23 - 10th Gr. Course Request Forms Due
Mar 27 - 9th Gr. Course Request Forms Due
|PTSA Needs You!
SCHS Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) is looking for parents to join our fun team! (Nominations for Officer and Chairperson positions are needed before 3/29). See sagecreekhs.carlsbadusd.net/ptsa
We will train and guide any person who is interested in volunteering for any of our PTSA positions.
*Please contact PTSA Nominating Committee Chairperson, Theresa Morris (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info.
|SC Foundation Upcoming Events
- Mar 24: Big Night Dinner Fundraiser for Athletics
- Apr 22: SC Foundation Gala at Green Dragon Tavern
|Learn about Carlsbad City Government
The academy is free to Carlsbad residents 15 years and older. Class size is limited, and spaces fill up quickly. Call 760-434-2800 today for information and download registration form here
|Fun Adult Nite to Support Our School
Join us for the 2nd Annual Sage Creek Foundation Gala. The event includes an incredible dinner, dancing, and spectacular live auction and rousing raffle. The fun will take place at:
The Green Dragon Tavern and Museum
Saturday, April 22, from 5-10 p.m.
|Grade Recovery @ CUSD Summer School
|CUSD will offer Summer School for credit recovery for CUSD high school students who earned "F" or "D" grades on their first or second semester report cards. Immediate recovery of credits lost due to failing grades helps students get back on track for high school graduation and college admissions. If you would like to request summer school for your child, please read and sign and the attached document and return it to your child's counselor. If you have any questions, please contact your counselor. View Summer School info at CUSD.
|Join SCBobcats on Social Media