5: Parade, Basketball
Tailgate Party, Game
6: Mandatory Spring Sports
8: Make-up Spring Sports
8: Hoopcoming Dance
13: "Evening in Paris" Art &
Theater Event @ SCHS
14: No School
17: No School
27: CPR Class
Classes: Aug 28-Nov 22
Finals: Nov 20, 21, 22
Classes: Dec 2-Mar 7
Finals: Mar 5, 6, 7
Classes: Mar 10-June 12
Finals: June 10, 11, 12
February 5, 2014
Dear Bobcat Nation,
I hope that you will join us this Wednesday, Feb 5th for our Hoopcoming Parade & events! We’ve invited all of our CUSD schools and look forward to a grand celebration with you and our entire community. Please read the following details:
- The Hoopcoming Parade begins at 4:30 p.m.
*I strongly recommend that you arrive at or close to 4 p.m.
- Everyone will park in lots 1, 2, or 3 (view map)
- Only cars transporting a float or participating in the parade will be allowed access to the Staging Parking Lot (view map below)
- Sequence of Activities
- 4:30 pm: Parade begins
- 5-7 pm: Food, music, and pre-game activities
- 7 pm: Our 12-1 Boys Basketball team, led by Coach Eshelman, take on La Costa Canyon High School
- Hoopcoming Court presented at half time
We look forward to celebrating with you this Wednesday,
J. César Morales
Principal, Sage Creek High School
Hoopcoming Dance - Saturday, Feb 8 from 8-11 PM at SCHS
Our Hoopcoming activities will conclude with our Hoop-coming dance on Saturday, Feb 8. Remember to complete your dance agreement (see below)!
HOOP-COMING DANCE DETAILS:
Sat., Feb 8 @ 8 PM
$10 with ASB $20 w/o
*Must have signed dance agreement
See ASB's School Loop
page for details!
Sign Up Today for CPR Class on Thurs, Feb 27: 6-8 PM
Students, Parents, and Teachers are invited to l
earn or update your CPR skills for only $25! This is a great opportunity organized by your PTSA
This 2-hour adult, child and infant CPR class is taught by a certified instructor, Sue Lockhardt of Lockhardt Training (www.lockhart-training.com
), on Thurs, Feb 27 from 6-8 PM in the SCHS Cafeteria.
To attend, you must register and pay in advance. Space is limited to the first 25 that sign-up.
► Click here to register and for payment information
Mandatory Spring Sports Meeting: Feb 6
SCHS Athletics will hold a MANDATORY Spring Sports Meeting on Thurs, Feb 6 at 6:00 P.M. in the SCHS Cafeteria. All students and their parent/guardian who are interested in playing a Spring sport MUST attend. We will hold a make-up session on Saturday February 8th at 10 A.M. for those who can not attend the meeting on Feb. 6th. Click for more info.
Visual & Performing Arts Career Panel - A Huge Success
Thank you to all that attended the PTSA's 3rd career panel presentation on Thurs, Jan 30th, with professionals including a musican, filmmaker, performing artist, restoration artist, and broadcaster. View photos from the event at:
Special thanks to our wonderful panelists!
"An Evening in Paris" to support the SCHS Visual and Performing Arts Department - Thursday, Feb 13
For $20, enjoy a VIP Reception from 6:00-6:45 pm
- Priority Seating
- Hors d'oeuvre
- Door Prizes
- (plus the perks of General Admission too)
For $10, get the perks of General Admission from 7:00-9:00 pm
- Student Performances
- Art Displays
- Silent Auction
Bobcat Athletics Report
- Girls beat Oceanside 38-32 on 2/1/14
- Boys beat Ramona 49-43 on 2/1/14
- Boys beat Valley Center 55-42 on 2/1/14
- Girls beat San Dieguito Academy 5-1 on 1/30/14
- Boys played San Dieguito Academy on 1/30/14
All athletics details, players of the games, rosters and schedules can be found at: www.maxpreps.com
February Lunch Menu
Click here to download the menu.
Parents - Sign Up for Naviance Workshops Until Feb 11
SCHS Counseling Department has parent workshops to introduce parents to Naviance, a premier, web-based college and career planning tool. Please sign up for these space-limited workshops below.
►► To sign up for a workshop convenient for you, click here.
- Where: Sage Creek Counseling Center
- Dates: Now – February 11th
- Times: 7:45-8:45 a.m., 1:30-2:30 p.m., 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
- Wednesdays,Thursdays, and Fridays from 10-11 AM in Mrs. Evans ASB classroom #2107. Any time you can volunteer in the ASB class is appreciated - it doesn't have to be a weekly commitment. Contact PTSA Volunteer Coordinator Diane Gutierrez: 760-518-5761 or email@example.com.
SCHS Student Directories Are Here!
SCHS Student Directory is Free with PTSA Membership or may be purchased separately for $15.
Our directory is available only while supplies last!