January 22, 2014
Dear Bobcat Nation,
Again, I proudly announce that the word is out about the great BOBCAT Experience! The excitement is evident by the over 1,300 8th grade parents and students that attended two information sessions earlier this month and by the weekly tours that are ranging between 25 and 80 interested attendees.
Thank you for making us who we are - a great community that works as a team of parents, staff, and students to provide a second to none high school experience!
J. César Morales
Principal, Sage Creek High School
Visual & Performing Arts Career Panel - Thursday, January 30 @ 6:30 PM in Gym
Don't miss this exciting PTSA-sponsored
event which will showcase a panel of professional singers, actors, film makers, artists and broadcasters. These talented professionals will tell you all about what it takes to have a career in singing, acting, film, art, & broadcasting.
You'll also be dazzled with a LIVE musical performance
by one of our presenters Cody Lovaas
, and get to see the work of some of our other panelists too!
Treats for Teachers - Drop Off Thu, Jan 30
In recognition of the Great Kindness Challenge, Bobcat Families have an opportunity to show their gratitude and kindess toward our amazing SCHS Teachers and Staff!
How? With treats like cookies (or healthy snacks)!
Please drop off cookies, treats, or healthy snacks (e.g., granola bars, fruit) at the office on Thursday, January 30 or the morning of Friday, January 31st.
PTSA Volunteers will set up a lovely display of your kind treats for teachers and staff during their Jan 31st lunch hour. Thanks!
(Send questions to Lauren Joe email@example.com)
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
- Sunday, Feb 2, 3:00 PM - Decorate the school entrance in a "Carnival Theme" (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Saturday, Feb 8, 2:00 PM - Decorating the cafeteria for Hoopcoming Dance (email: email@example.com)
- Saturday, Feb 8, 7:30 PM - 3 parents at ticket booth before the dance (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Saturday, Feb 8, 8:00 - 11:00 PM - food monitors (3 one-hour shifts of 2-3 parents/shift) (email: email@example.com)
- Wednesdays,Thursdays, and Fridays from 10-11 AM in Mrs. Evans ASB classroom #2107. Any time you can volunteer would be appreciated - it doesn't have to be a weekly commitment. Contact PTSA Volunteer Coordinator Diane Gutierrez: 760-518-5761 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great Kindness Challenge Jan 27-31
Pay it forward. Help someone. Smile. Show appreciation.
Students will help create a culture of kindness by wearing the following:
- Mon, Jan 27: Kindness Always Wins - Wear your sports gear
- Tue, Jan 28: Powered by Kindness - Show your superhero powers with superhero attire
- Wed, Jan 29: Be PAWS-itive - Positive Attitude & positive shirt
- Thu, Jan 30: Life is Bright - Have bright smile & colorful clothes
- Fri, Jan 31: Dare to Be Great - Be Your Best & wear Bobcat gear
Mark your calendars for Hoopcoming Events Feb 3-8
Hoop-coming, from February 3-8, will be filled with many activities like Spirit week, movie night, parade, and will conclude with our Hoop-coming dance on Saturday, Feb 8. We will also have tailgate and half time show for our basketball match against La Costa Canyon on Wednesday, February 5th.
February 5 @ 4:30
February 5 @ 5:00 $10 for a Brazilian Plate
February 5 @7 $3 for Adults $2 w/o ASB
FEBRUARY 8 @ 8 $10 with ASB $20 w/o
See ASB's School Loop
page for details!
CPR Class - Thurs, Feb 27: 6-8 PM
Students, Parents, and Teachers are invited to l
earn or update your CPR skills for only $25! This is a great opportunity organized by your PTSA
This 2-hour adult, child and infant CPR class is taught by a certified instructor, Sue Lockhardt of Lockhardt Training (www.lockhart-training.com
), on Thurs, Feb 27 from 6-8 PM in the SCHS Cafeteria.
To attend, you must register and pay in advance. Space is limited to the first 25 that sign-up.
► Click here to register and for payment information
Mandatory Spring Sports Meeting: Feb 6
SCHS Athletics will hold a MANDATORY Spring Sports Meeting on Thurs, Feb 6 at 6:00 P.M. in the SCHS Cafeteria. All students and their parent/guardian who are interested in playing a Spring sport MUST attend. We will hold a make-up session on Saturday February 8th at 10 A.M. for those who can not attend the meeting on Feb. 6th.
Bobcat Athletics Report
- Boys beat Ramona 77-35 on 1/18/14
- Girls beat Poway 54-26 on 1/18/14
- Boys played at Escondido 1/21/14
- Girls played at Escondido 1/21/14
All athletics details, players of the games, rosters and schedules can be found at: www.maxpreps.com
Naviance Parent Workshops Until Feb 11
SCHS Counseling Department has parent workshops to introduce parents to Naviance, a premier, web-based college and career planning tool. Please sign up for these space-limited workshops below.
►► To sign up for a workshop convenient for you, click here.
- What: Naviance Parent Workshops
- Where: Sage Creek Counseling Center
- How Many: 7
- Dates: Now – February 11th
- Times: 7:45-8:45 a.m., 1:30-2:30 p.m., 6:30-7:30 p.m.