|SCHS PTSA NEWSLETTER
Week of 10/16/2016
17: Seniors Self Defense class waiver form deadline
19: School begins at 7:30 am!
-Bobcat WOW Day
-Senior Self Defense Training
24-28: Red Ribbon Week
27: So you want to drive?
Classes: Aug 30-Nov 18
Finals: Nov 16, 17, 18
Classes: Nov 28-Mar 9
Finals: Mar 7, 8, 9
Classes: Mar 13-June 15
Finals: June 13, 14, 15
Sr Finals: Jun 8, 9, 12
Dear BOBCAT Nation,
The BOBCAT WOW Day is upon us this Wednesday, October 19! Following is a short summary of the events taking place by grade level:
- 9th,11th, and 12th grade students will engage in activities focused on understanding, entering, and thriving in the World of Work (click on The BOBCAT WOW Day flyer below).
- All 10th grade students, and some 9th and 11th grade students will participate in the PSAT.
Additionally, 12th grade students can participate in a self-defense class at the conclusion of The BOBCAT WOW Day activities.
Please note that school will begin at 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, October 19, and not at the regular 8:30 a.m. Late Start Wednesday start time.
J. César Morales
Proud Principal, Sage Creek High School
|10/17 - Seniors: Last opportunity to sign up for Self Defense Training!
Last chance to sign up is Mon., Oct. 17!
Self Defense Training Session
Wednesday, Oct. 19th
11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Seniors only! Sign up and attend the self defense session this Wednesday and you could win one of two great prizes donated by A.K. Martial Arts:
- 1 month of Martial Arts Training (with uniform)
- 10 Pack of Kickfit Boot Camp Classes
URGENT! Attendees MUST submit a parent signed waiver form to participate and it MUST be received by Monday, Oct. 17!
To submit, simply email a photo of the signed waiver to: email@example.com
|10/19 - Bobcat WOW Day this Wednesday!
Bobcat WOW Day
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
7:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m. | Bobcat Arena
World of Work (WOW) Day is an exciting half-day event that will prepare you for College & Career by:
Click here for the Bobcat WOW Day Flyer.
- Encouraging students to discover their personal passions.
- Identifying the skills and knowledge needed to be competitive in the World of Work.
- Understanding how to enter into, and thrive in, the World of Work.
|New! SCHS Bobcat Parent-Staff Book Club
Bobcat Parent-Staff Book Club
Thursday, November 3, 2016
6:30-7:30 p.m. | SCHS Cafeteria
Enjoy reading and conversation? Join the new Bobcat Parent-Staff Book Club! The first book selection is How to Raise an Adult by Julie Lythcott-Haims (click to view TED Talk on the book).
Visit http://sagecreekhs.carlsbadusd.net/bookclub for more info or click here to RSVP.
|10/27 - Save the date: So you want to drive?
|"So, you want to drive?" Panel
Thursday, October 27, 2016
2:45 - 3:30 p.m.
|Sage Creek Foundation Legacy Pavers: Limited time only!
|There is a limited time to take advantage of the Sage Creek Foundation paver sale!
This short-term opportunity allows you and your family to support Sage Creek Academic, Athletic, and Visual and Performing Arts programs and leave your mark on campus.
In 2015-16, the Sage Creek Foundation provided over $70,000 in direct support to the areas of Academics, Athletics, and Visual and Performing Arts.
- All proceeds go directly to benefit each student at Sage Creek High School.
- Limited offer, only 150 pavers available!
CLICK HERE for more information.
|Stay Connected: SCBobcats
|Join the SCHS PTSA today!
|Anyone can join
- parents, teachers, students, grandparents, and community members.
Annual memberships start at just $20 for SCHS parents, and $10 for SCHS students, teachers, and staff.
Sign up online
or download a membership form.