July 12, 2015
From: Marc Amason, Band Booster President
To: Freshman and New Band Member Parents
It’s hard to believe our 2015 – 2016 North Cobb High School Band year is upon us. Summer is passing quickly, and band camp is beginning in just a few days. I and our Band Booster Board of Directors are so excited to welcome you to the North Cobb High School Band family. As a senior parent, interacting with our directors, fellow parents, administration, and most importantly, our kids has been one of the most enriching times of my life. Hopefully, you will have a similar experience and truly enjoy the time you will spend as a Band Parent. Your child has chosen to be a part of one of the best bands in our area or state. You would be hard pressed to find a better program anywhere. I realize I may be a bit biased in making that statement, but I believe whole heartedly it is true. Our directors, parents, and administration spend countless hours to ensure our kids have an enjoyable and teachable experience which will give them a foundation in music and in life. They may very well work harder than ever before in their lives, but the outcome will be beyond measure!
I want to encourage you as a parent to be involved as much as possible in the band experience. When my son was an incoming freshman, I committed to be as involved as I could. Spending time with our kids and fellow parents strengthens our relationships with them and builds relationships with others. The North Cobb Band Boosters have an amazing legacy of strength and camaraderie. Being a part of this incredible organization will give you a great perspective of how hard the kids work and how hard the parents work behind the scenes to make it all happen. With over 225 kids in the band, we need all the help and support we can get. In short, we need you! I’m outlining some of the opportunities within the band boosters below in hopes of sparking your interest in getting involved.
I am so excited to see this year’s marching show and to experience the amazing transformation that will take place between the beginning of band camp until they take the field in just a few weeks. You will be amazed as well!
We have lots of opportunities for you to participate, and I look forward to meeting and getting to know each of you. You will hear much more about those opportunities at our meeting on July 21 in the theatre. After all it is because of them, that we do what we do as parents. Please contact me or any member of our Booster Board if we can be of any assistance to you.
Thanks so Much!
Band Booster President
North Cobb High School Band Booster Volunteer Duties
By Cobb County School Policy, any parent who volunteers in any organization must attend chaperone training. You must attend the July 28 training for new parents. The training will be held in the Chorus Room at 7pm.
Booster Board Positions
- Band Directors: Greg Williams, Scott Pannell
- President: Marc Amason
- Vice President of Operations: Joe Southall
- Vice President of Ways and Means: Barbara Van Essendelft
- Financial Secretary: Beth Atkinson
- Treasurer: Carolyn Luense
- Secretary: Liana Parker
- Available for practices, games, and events
- Provides Guidance for Kids to ensure they are where they are supposed to be and are there safely
- Provides Water, Gatorade, Sprite for practices, games, and events
- Build and assemble props in preparation for the marching season
- Build and move props, stands, and equipment on and off field for practices, games, and events
- Transport props, stands, and equipment to and from practices, games, and events
- Responsible for Family Day event in August (registration, food, and activities)
- Responsible for Team Building Events for Kids (registration, food, and activities)
- Merchandise and Sell North Cobb Team apparel, gear, and other items at events and games
- Keep inventory up to date and orderly
Video / Photography
- Organize marching and concert uniforms for kids (includes assigning, sizing, and altering)
- Maintaining of uniforms during seasons
- Taking Photos / Videoing events and games
- Submitting Photos / Videos to the Webmaster
- Responsible for 8th Grade Night Game (registration, food, and activities)
- Responsible for 8th Grade Parent Meeting in Winter / Spring (registration and information)
- Held in May of school year as a celebration of marching and concert seasons
- Some duties will include planning, communication, decorations, and food
- Assists the Color Guard Director with auditions, rehearsals, games, competitions, and events
- Keeps website (www.nchsband.com) up to date
- Maintains calendar on website with current information
- Works with NCHS to distribute band news and information
- Distributes NCHS Band information to local news outlets