COMING UP AT WESTHILL:
* Mon 6/15 - Final Exams 5 & 6 - EARLY RELEASE - 11:45am
* Mon 6/15 - FBLA Garden Catering Sale
* Tues 6/16 - Final Exams 7 & Make Up- EARLY RELEASE - 11:45
* Tues 6/16 - Graduation Rehearsal - 10:00am
* Tues 6/16 - Academy of Finance Graduation - 6:30pm
* Wed 6/17 - Graduation Rehearsal
& Brunch - 8:00am
* Wed 6/17 - Grading Day - EARLY RELEASE - 11:45am
* Thurs 6/18 - EARLY RELEASE - 11:45am
* Thurs 6/18 - Graduation 4:00pm
* Fri 6/19 - Last Day for Students - EARLY RELEASE - 11:45am
Hello Westhill parents,
The WPTSO will be providing lunch for the staff before graduation on Thursday, June 18th. While we will be purchasing bagels and other basics, we were hoping to enlist the help of our A-list bakers who showed up in full force for Staff Appreciation Week. We know this is an extremely busy time of year, but if you have the time we would once again appreciate your generosity. If you are able to contribute a dessert, please send it to the main office marked for the staff lunch by noon on Thursday. Thank you!
Congratulations to the winners of our Senior Graduation Raffle! They each win 1 reserved parking spot and 4 VIP seats for this year's graduation ceremony on Thursday.
The Greenberg Family
The Heath Family
The Pollack Family
Juniors Rhett Hochkinson and Jarrod Trief. They took first place in the recent Fairfield County Regional Youth Entrepreneurship Challenge hosted by the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) and sponsored by MasterCard. Their proposed winning business plan for Memory Note, a company that provides music therapy for the elderly, has advanced them to the national competition, which will be held in New York City this October.
WE HAVE SPACES OPEN
FOR PARENTS TO SERVE
ON THE WESTHILL
SCHOOL GOVERNANCE COUNCIL
IN THE FALL
Make a Difference at Your School!
School Governance Councils are an opportunity for Connecticut schools to become centers of excellence that prepare all students for success. They represent the many interests of the families and staff that make up your school’s community. This is important because research has shown that:
- Partnerships among families, school and community members can make a powerful contribution to greater student success.
- No matter what their income or background, students with involved families tend to have higher grades and test scores, better attendance, and higher rates of homework completion.
What Does The School Governance Council Do?
The School Governance Council serves as an important role to the school administrator by:
Nomination Form - English Nomination Form - Spanish
- Bringing together parents, school staff, students and community leaders to work together to improve student achievement and
- Assisting the school administration in decisions impacting students’ education in areas such as:
- Analyze data and school needs;
- Review the school’s resources; and
- Advise the principal in making programmatic and operational changes.
Forms should be filled out and dropped off in the Main Office.
Contact David Greenberg with any questions firstname.lastname@example.org
AP Summer Assignments
1st Annual Carol Pavia
Memorial Golf Tournament
FREE SAT PRACTICE
Get to know the redesigned SAT (starts March 2016).
See personalized practice recommendations.
Stay on top of important SAT dates and news.
Practice anytime, anywhere, at no cost.
RENEW YOUR MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTIONS AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT WESTHILL!
You can purchase or renew subscriptions to your favorite magazines at up to 85% off! Each time you make a purchase, our WPTSO will receive up to 40%! You can also support us by sharing this information with friends and family.
It's quick and easy -- and it will help make a difference!
If this newsletter was forwarded to you by a friend, and you would like to receive the Westhill Newsletter each week, please e-mail email@example.com