COMING UP AT WESTHILL:
* Monday 4/20 - Junior Prom ticket sales begin - Room 206
* Monday 4/20 - Distribution of Report Cards
* Thursday 4/23 - Coffee with Camille 7:00am - 7:45am
* Thursday 4/23 - Period 8 Tutoring - Media Center
* Thursday 4/23 - College Night for Juniors - 7:00pm Media Center
* Friday 4/24 - HAIRSPRAY - 7:30pm
* Saturday 4/25 - AP Study Sessions
9:00 - noon Government, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental
1:00 - 4:00pm Economics, Physics (1, 2 and C)
* confirm date and time with your teacher *
* Saturday 4/25 - HAIRSPRAY - 7:30pm
* Sunday 4/26 - HAIRSPRAY - 3:00pm
Click the link below to access
Westhill's athletic schedules:
UPCOMING HOME GAMES
* Monday 4/20 - Varsity Baseball vs. Greenwich @ 4:00pm
* Monday 4/20 - JV Baseball vs. Greenwich @ 4:00pm
* Monday 4/20 - Varsity Boys Tennis vs. Fairfield Warde @ 4:00pm
* Tuesday 4/21 - Varsity Boys Golf vs. Norwalk @ 3:15pm
* Tuesday 4/21 - Varsity Boys Tennis vs. Norwalk @ 4:00pm
* Wed 4/22 - Freshman Baseball vs. New Canaan @ 4:00pm
* Wed 4/22 - Varsity Boys Tennis vs. Fairfield Ludlowe @ 4:00pm
* Wed 4/22 - Varsity Softball vs. New Canaan @ 4:00pm
* Wed 4/22 - JV Softball vs. New Canaan @ 4:00pm
* Thurs 4/23 - Varsity Boys Golf vs. Fairfield Ludlowe @ 3:15pm
* Thurs 4/23 - Varsity Boys Lacrosse vs. Fairfield Warde @ 5:30pm
* Thurs 4/23 - JV Boys Lacrosse vs. Fairfield Warde @ 4:00pm
* Thurs 4/23 - Varsity Girls Lacrosse vs. Fairfield Ludlowe @ 4:00pm
* Thurs 4/23 - JV Girls Lacrosse vs. Fairfield Ludlowe @ 5:30pm
* Thurs 4/23 - Varsity Girls Tennis vs. Danbury @ 4:00pm
* Friday 4/24 - Varsity Baseball vs. Danbury @ 4:00pm
* Friday 4/24 - JV Baseball vs. Danbury @ 4:00pm
Coffee with Camille
Thursday, April 23rd
from 7:00am - 7:45am
in The Little Theater Room 118
Our Principal Camille Figluizzi will be on hand to answer any
questions you might have about Westhill High School. This is a great
opportunity to learn more about Westhill, so come on out for a cup of coffee
CLICK HERE TO ORDER TICKETS
We have instituted new pricing this year to encourage people to buy tickets online instead of at the box office. If you order online, premium seats (the first 10 rows of the center and the first 8 rows of center-right and center-left will be $17 and $12 (plus a $2 per ticket service charge). Remaining orchestra seats will be $15 and $10 (plus the $2/ticket service charge). All tickets sold at the door will be $20 for adults and $15 for students.
AFTER PROM '15
The WPTSO is once again sponsoring the After-Prom Party that follows the Senior Prom on MAY 29, 2015. This is an organized, chaperoned, substance-free alternative to other social events that may have been planned for that night. The event is completely staffed by Westhill parent volunteers and is paid for through fundraising and contributions from the community.
The After Prom begins at Midnight and is open to all WHS seniors and their dates at no charge. We have many activities planned -- a DJ, plenty of food, games such as Interactive inflatables and ping pong tables. In addition, we have a wonderful array of prizes -- iPods, gaming systems, printers and Flat Screen TVs just to name a few.
Any questions - Please contact Jeannie Kriftcher at email@example.com
Please support the After Prom by making a contribution and/or volunteering to help.
Your support is greatly appreciated!
FOOD DONATIONS ARE NEEDED FOR OUR WEEKLY
As we approach the final months of the school year, we are running low on food.
Please help the WPTSO feed over 25 students through the weekly Backpack Program. We fill backpacks with donated food every Friday and students at risk of going hungry over the weekend pick them up and return them empty Monday morning. Please consider donating non-perishables which you or your student can drop off in the main office.
Most needed items:
Individual cups of fruit
Microwave cups of Mac n cheese
Chef Boy-Ar-Dee pastas
Stop & Shop or Shop Rite gift cards are greatly appreciated!
Individual servings and/or small sizes (no glass please) work best for packaging. We would happily accept monetary donations as well.
JUNIOR PROM TICKET SALES
Will be from Monday, April 20th to Friday, May 1st
The Prom contract must be signed before tickets can be purchased
* The Junior Prom will be held on May 22, 2015
* You will not be allowed to purchase a prom ticket thus not being allowed to enter the Junior Prom
* Prior to handing in this contract & purchasing your ticket please collaborate with friends to create a table request list of a total of 10 people (table chart attached).
* This list is a request only. Seating can be changed at the discretion of the Prom Coordinators.
* If you do not have a complete table of 10, or submit a list with more than 10, the Prom Committee will adjust accordingly.
* Make sure the people listed for your table have not already been listed at another table. Only one list needed per table.
* Prom king & queen nomination form is also attached to this contract.
SAVE THE DATE
7TH ANNUAL ALL-COUNTY
ENGINEERING, ARCHITECTURE, AND BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE COLLEGE FAIR
Wednesday, April 22nd
411 High Ridge Road
7:00pm - 9:00pm
Your next opportunity to buy Spirit Wear
will be Friday,
11:00am - 1:15pm
Please make checks payable to "Westhill PTSO"
MILITARY SERVICE ACADEMY NIGHT
The Westhill Talent Show
will be held on
FRIDAY, MAY 8TH
Doors open at 6pm!
EVERYONE is invited to attend!
Tickets are $5 at the door!
BUT FIRST - Everyone is invited to AUDITION on Wednesday April 29th and Thursday April 30th! Auditions will be held DIRECTLY after school on those dates ONLY, so clear your calendar and practice your talent! To audition:
1) Come to room 432 AFTER our April vacation and sign-up for an audition spot. Sign-ups are first come, first serve, starting Monday morning.
2) PREPARE for your audition - whatever song you sing or dance you do or poem you read (or so on) AT your audition IS what you will do IN the show, if picked.
3) SHOW UP for your audition.
Auditions are closed - no friends, no family. If you are singing, please make sure you're audio accompaniment track - no vocals, only music - is easily accessible on YouTube. Same for dancers - have your song prepped and ready.
We are looking for magicians! pianists and other musicians! singers! dancers! actors! come one come all!
And PARENTS - WHY have you been PAYING for lessons and classes all these years if your Baby June isn't going to SHOWCASE their awesomeness! Push them to audition!
Questions, come to room 432. Thank you! Ms. Tobin
Dear Students and Parents -
There are ONLY 100 Yearbooks still available to order for the 2014-2015 school year! Yearbooks will be delivered and distributed at the START of June.
If you'd like to purchase one, please fill out the attached order form and send it, with payment, to Ms. Tobin (room 432).
9th to 11th graders - to check and see if you HAVE purchased a yearbook, email Ms. Anderson - kanderson@StamfordCT.gov.
12th graders - purchasing a Yearbook would have been done through your Senior Dues. For questions about that, please email Ms. Kumar or Ms. Dunbar, Grade 12 Advisors, at kkumar@StamfordCT.gov or mdunbar@StamfordCT.gov.
Thank you! Happy Spring!
Greetings Vikings and Parents!
Are you going to be a Junior or Senior next year? Do you enjoy taking pictures, OR writing, OR doing artistic projects, OR are you the funny / witty / "always on" member of your crew, OR do you just know a LOT of students at this school? Do you have a hole or a study hall in your schedule for next year, or another elective you just aren't too keen to take? IF SO
- the Yearbook wants YOU to join our staff!
How do you join? Go tell your Guidance counselor that you want to sign-up for Yearbook class! That's it!
Please come to room 432 and see Ms. Tobin or room 406 and see Ms. Anderson if you'd like to know more. Space is limited! So sign-up TODAY!
Ms. Tobin and Ms. Anderson
PS - Depending on enrollment, select sophomores (current freshmen) may be allowed to take Yearbook. See Ms. Tobin in 432 for more information.
MAYOR'S YOUTH EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM
IS APRIL 30TH
INROADS SUMMER LEADERSHIP SUMMIT
ANONYMOUS ALERTSMembers of the school community can anonymously submit any suspicious activity, bullying or other student related issues to a school administrator.
This system will be monitored between the hours of
7:00am and 5:00pm during the school year.
Stamford Public Schools is pleased to announce the launch of the PowerSchool Parent Portal for its high school and middle school families. The Parent Portal will provide families with real-time access to their children's grades and absences, through an easy-to-use, secure website.
If you are having difficulty accessing the PowerSchool Parent Portal, you may contact us by filing out a support ticket at
RENEW YOUR MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTIONS AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT WESTHILL!
You can purchase or renew subscriptions to your favorite magazines at up to 85% off! Each time you make a purchase, our WPTSO will receive up to 40%! You can also support us by sharing this information with friends and family.
It's quick and easy -- and it will help make a difference!
PLEASE REGISTER YOUR TARGET CARD!
Westhill is enrolled in the Target Reward Program, Take Charge of Education. Target donates up to 1% of purchases made at any Target store or at Target.com to schools designated by REDCard holders. As a REDCard member, you automatically receive 5% off of your purchases at Target. When you enroll in this special program, you continue to receive your 5% off, and Westhill receives a 1% donation from Target.
To enroll, you can either call Target at 1-800-659-2396
or go online www.Target.com/tcoe. Our school ID# is 39226
SUPPORT THE WESTHILL BAND
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support the WHSBPA every time you shop on Amazon, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you'll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to WHSBPA.
The Westhill Band Parent Association has set up the following link:
If this newsletter was forwarded to you by a friend, and you would like to receive the Westhill Newsletter each week, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org