COMING UP AT WESTHILL:
* Wednesday 4/29 - Talent Show Auditions - Room 432
* Thursday 4/30 - Talent Show Auditions - Room 432
* Thursday 4/30 - Period 8 Tutoring - Media Center
* Thursday 4/30 - Junior Book Awards
* Friday 5/1 - Junior Prom Ticket Sales End
* Friday 5/1 - HAIRSPRAY - 7:30pm
* Saturday 5/2 - SAT at Westhill
* Saturday 5/2 - Spring Plant Sale 8:00am - 1:00pm
* Saturday 5/2 - HAIRSPRAY - FINAL SHOW - 7:30pm
Click the link below to access
Westhill's athletic schedules:
HOME GAMES THIS WEEK
* Monday 4/27 - Freshman Baseball vs. Fairfield Warde @ 4:00pm
* Monday 4/27 - Freshman Boys Lacrosse vs. Stamford High @ 5:00
* Monday 4/27 - Varsity Boys Tennis vs. Trumbull @ 4:00pm
* Monday 4/27 - Varsity Softball vs. Fairfield Warde @ 4:00pm
* Monday 4/27 - JV Softball vs. Fairfield Warde @ 4:00pm
* Tues 4/28 - Varsity Boys Golf vs. St. Joseph & Trumbull @ 3:15pm
* Tues 4/28 - Varsity Girls Lacrosse vs. Trumbull @ 4:00pm
* Tues 4/28 - JV Girls Lacrosse vs. Trumbull @ 5:30pm
* Tues 4/28 - Varsity Softball vs. New Canaan @ 4:00pm
* Tues 4/28 - Varsity Girls Tennis vs. St. Joseph @ 4:00pm
* Wed 4/29 - Freshman Baseball vs. Wilton @ 4:00pm
* Wed 4/29 - Varsity Boys Tennis vs. Norwalk @ 4:00pm
* Wed 4/29 - Varsity Softball vs. Wilton @ 4:00pm
* Wed 4/29 - JV Softball vs. Wilton @ 4:00pm
* Thurs 4/30 - Varsity Girls Tennis vs. Greenwich @ 4:00pm
* Friday 5/1 - Varsity Baseball vs. Norwalk @ 4:00pm
* Friday 5/1 - JV Baseball vs. Norwalk @ 4:00pm
* Friday 5/1 - Varsity Boys Tennis vs. Fairfield Warde @ 4:00pm
* Sat 5/2 - Varsity Girls Lacrosse vs. St. Joseph @ 4:00pm
* Sat 5/2 - JV Girls Lacrosse vs. St. Joseph @ 5:30pm
will be NEXT WEEK
May 4th - 8th
We host this week-long celebration in the Main Office and about 150 staff members stop in every day to partake in the festivities.
Please know that our staff looks forward to this event each year, and it is a great way for the parent community to show our appreciation for all that they do.
Please click on the link to see what items are needed
We will be setting up in the Main Office conference room each morning at 6:50am. Non-perishable items may be dropped off in the main office any time before the date needed. If you have perishable items to drop off the day before, contact Kelly Aronica at email@example.com
DONORS CHOOSEThe WPTSO is very please to announce that with the help of very generous parent donations, the Westhill Donor's Choose Program has funded the purchase of all of the departments' requested items.
The following items have been purchased:
SOCIAL STUDIES: A Document Viewer, the "Elmo" TT-12, which aids in essay writing instruction.
HEALTH/PHYS ED: (1) Substance Abuse Identification Kit, which comes with worksheets for the students and includes a description of the short-term and long-term effects of different drugs; and (2) a new skeleton.
FINE ARTS: Three 4 X 6 foot bulletin boards to display 2-dimensional work.
MATH AND SCIENCE: Three ActivSlate tablets (for each department) which work with our existing Promethean Boards. The ActivSlate is a wireless, fully integrated notebook-sized tablet, which allows for interactive activities by the students.
SPECIAL ED: Two 12-inch Chromebooks and one IPad which are great for students who need support in reading.
WORLD LANGUAGE: 20 Boogie Board LCD eWriters.
ENGLISH DEPARTMENT: Seven high quality iPevo Document Cameras.
Please Help Support the ESL
Field Trip to Washington, D.C.
Call In or Order Out on
234 Stillwater Ave, Stamford
Don't forget to mention:
Westhill High School Washington, D.C. Trip
You can also make a contribution through
The Westhill Talent Show
will be held on
FRIDAY, MAY 8TH
Doors open at 6pm!
EVERYONE is invited to attend!
Tickets are $5 at the door!
BUT FIRST - Everyone is invited to AUDITION on Wednesday April 29th and Thursday April 30th! Auditions will be held DIRECTLY after school on those dates ONLY, so clear your calendar and practice your talent! To audition:
1) Come to room 432 AFTER our April vacation and sign-up for an audition spot. Sign-ups are first come, first serve, starting Monday morning.
2) PREPARE for your audition - whatever song you sing or dance you do or poem you read (or so on) AT your audition IS what you will do IN the show, if picked.
3) SHOW UP for your audition.
Auditions are closed - no friends, no family. If you are singing, please make sure you're audio accompaniment track - no vocals, only music - is easily accessible on YouTube. Same for dancers - have your song prepped and ready.
We are looking for magicians! pianists and other musicians! singers! dancers! actors! come one come all!
And PARENTS - WHY have you been PAYING for lessons and classes all these years if your Baby June isn't going to SHOWCASE their awesomeness! Push them to audition!
Questions, come to room 432. Thank you! Ms. Tobin
CLICK HERE TO ORDER TICKETS
We have instituted new pricing this year to encourage people to buy tickets online instead of at the box office. If you order online, premium seats (the first 10 rows of the center and the first 8 rows of center-right and center-left will be $17 and $12 (plus a $2 per ticket service charge). Remaining orchestra seats will be $15 and $10 (plus the $2/ticket service charge). All tickets sold at the door will be $20 for adults and $15 for students.
JUNIOR PROM TICKET SALES
Will be from
Monday, April 20th to Friday, May 1st
The Prom contract must be signed before tickets
can be purchased. Thank you!
* The Junior Prom will be held on May 22, 2015
* You will not be allowed to purchase a prom ticket thus not being allowed to enter the Junior Prom
* Prior to handing in this contract & purchasing your ticket please collaborate with friends to create a table request list of a total of 10 people (table chart attached).
* This list is a request only. Seating can be changed at the discretion of the Prom Coordinators.
* If you do not have a complete table of 10, or submit a list with more than 10, the Prom Committee will adjust accordingly.
* Make sure the people listed for your table have not already been listed at another table. Only one list needed per table.
* Prom king & queen nomination form is also attached to this contract.
AFTER PROM '15
The WPTSO is once again sponsoring the After-Prom Party that follows the Senior Prom on MAY 29, 2015. This is an organized, chaperoned, substance-free alternative to other social events that may have been planned for that night. The event is completely staffed by Westhill parent volunteers and is paid for through fundraising and contributions from the community.
The After Prom begins at Midnight and is open to all WHS seniors and their dates at no charge. We have many activities planned -- a DJ, plenty of food, games such as Interactive inflatables and ping pong tables. In addition, we have a wonderful array of prizes -- iPods, gaming systems, printers and Flat Screen TVs just to name a few.
Any questions - Please contact Jeannie Kriftcher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please support the After Prom by making a contribution and/or volunteering to help.
Your support is greatly appreciated!
FOOD DONATIONS ARE NEEDED FOR OUR WEEKLY
As we approach the final months of the school year, we are running low on food.
Please help the WPTSO feed over 25 students through the weekly Backpack Program. We fill backpacks with donated food every Friday and students at risk of going hungry over the weekend pick them up and return them empty Monday morning. Please consider donating non-perishables which you or your student can drop off in the main office.
Most needed items:
Individual cups of fruit
Microwave cups of Mac n cheese
Chef Boy-Ar-Dee pastas
Stop & Shop or Shop Rite gift cards are greatly appreciated!
Individual servings and/or small sizes (no glass please) work best for packaging. We would happily accept monetary donations as well.
Your next opportunity to buy Spirit Wear
will be Friday,
11:00am - 1:15pm
Please make checks payable to "Westhill PTSO"
MILITARY SERVICE ACADEMY NIGHT
MAYOR'S YOUTH EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM
IS APRIL 30TH
RENEW YOUR MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTIONS AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT WESTHILL!
You can purchase or renew subscriptions to your favorite magazines at up to 85% off! Each time you make a purchase, our WPTSO will receive up to 40%! You can also support us by sharing this information with friends and family.
It's quick and easy -- and it will help make a difference!
If this newsletter was forwarded to you by a friend, and you would like to receive the Westhill Newsletter each week, please e-mail email@example.com