COMING UP AT WESTHILL:
* Monday 5/4 - AP Exams Begin
* Monday 5/4 - Senior Prom Ticket Sales Begin
* Wed 5/6 - Football Fundraiser Cookie Dough Sale Ends
* Thursday 5/7 - Period 8 Tutoring - Media Center
* Thursday 5/7 - Teacher of the Year & Spotlight on Teachers
* Friday 5/8 - Talent Show 6:00pm
* Saturday 5/9 - Spring Plant Sale 8:00am - 1:00pm
* Saturday 5/9 - Dog Wash 8:00am - 12:00pm
Click the link below to access
Westhill's athletic schedules:
HOME GAMES THIS WEEK
* Mon 5/4 - Varsity Baseball vs. Trinity Catholic @ 4:00pm
* Mon 5/4 - Varsity Boys Lacrosse vs. KLHT @ 5:50pm
* Mon 5/4 - JV Boys Lacrosse vs. KLHT @ 4:00pm
* Tues 5/5 - Varsity Boys Golf vs. Staples @ 3:00pm
* Tues 5/5 - Varsity Boys Track vs. Greenwich & Fairfield @ 4:00pm
* Tues 5/5 - Varsity Boys Tennis vs. Bridgeport Central @ 4:00pm
* Tues 5/5 - Varsity Girls Lacrosse vs. Greenwich @ 4:00pm
* Tues 5/5 - JV Girls Lacrosse vs. Greenwich @ 5:30pm
* Wed 5/6 - Varsity Softball vs. Harding @ 4:00pm
* Wed 5/6 - JV Softball vs. Harding @ 4:00pm
* Wed 5/6 - Varsity Girls Tennis vs. Danbury @ 4:00pm
* Thurs 5/7 - Varsity Boys Golf vs. Trinity & Stamford @ 1:00pm
* Thurs 5/7 - Varsity Boys Lacrosse vs. Stamford @ 5:30pm
* Thurs 5/7 - JV Boys Lacrosse vs. Stamford @ 4:00pm
* Thurs 5/7 - Varsity Girls Lacrosse vs. Stamford @ 4:00pm
* Thurs 5/7 - JV Girls Lacrosse vs. Stamford @ 5:30pm
* Thurs 5/7 - Varsity Softball vs. Bridgeport @ 4:00pm
* Thurs 5/7 - JV Softball vs. Bridgeport @ 4:00pm
* Thurs 5/7 - Varsity Girls Tennis vs. Darien @ 4:00pm
* Sat 5/9 - Varsity Girls Lacrosse vs. Bethel @ 11:00am
* Sat 5/9 - JV Girls Lacrosse vs. Bethel @ 12:30pm
is THIS WEEK
May 4th - 8th
We host this week-long celebration in the Main Office and about 150 staff members stop in every day to partake in the festivities.
Please know that our staff looks forward to this event each year, and it is a great way for the parent community to show our appreciation for all that they do.
Please click on the link to see what items are needed
We will be setting up in the Main Office conference room each morning at 6:50am. Non-perishable items may be dropped off in the main office any time before the date needed. If you have perishable items to drop off the day before, contact Kelly Aronica at email@example.com
Senior Prom Ticket sales will be from
Monday, May 4th to Friday, May 15th
The prom contract must be signed before tickets can be purchased.
Ms. Dunbar and Mrs. Kumar
The Senior Prom will be held on May 29, 2015
You can purchase your prom ticket in:
- Room 215 before & after school, Periods 3 or 7 and during 2nd lunch wave ONLY.
- Room 106 or Business Office, Periods 1 and 5 and during 3rd lunch wave ONLY.
The WHS Senior Prom will be held at the Greenwich Hyatt from 7pm to midnight.
- Prom Tickets include dinner, dancing, party favor & fun!
- The prom king & queen nomination form is also attached to the prom contract.
TABLE REQUESTS CAN BE MADE DURING THE FIRST WEEK OF SALES (May 8th)
- Please collaborate with friends to create a table request list of a total of 10 people (table chart attached).
- The table list is a request only. Seating can be changed at the discretion of the Prom Coordinators.
- If you do not have a complete table of 10, or submit a list with more than 10, the Prom Committee will adjust accordingly.
- Make sure the people listed for your table have not already been listed at another table. Only one list is needed per table.
The Board of Ed voted to make the last day
of school for students Friday, June 19, 2015,
for a total of 180 student school days.
The final three days (June 17th, 18th and 19th)
will be early release days for students.
Please Help Support the ESL
Field Trip to Washington, D.C.
Call In or Order Out on
Wednesday, May 6th
234 Stillwater Ave, Stamford
Don't forget to mention:
Westhill High School Washington, D.C. Trip
You can also make a contribution through
The Westhill Talent Show
will be held on
FRIDAY, MAY 8TH
Doors open at 6pm!
EVERYONE is invited to attend!
Tickets are $5 at the door!
AFTER PROM '15
The WPTSO is once again sponsoring the After-Prom Party that follows the Senior Prom on MAY 29, 2015. This is an organized, chaperoned, substance-free alternative to other social events that may have been planned for that night. The event is completely staffed by Westhill parent volunteers and is paid for through fundraising and contributions from the community.
The After Prom begins at Midnight and is open to all WHS seniors and their dates at no charge. We have many activities planned -- a DJ, plenty of food, games such as Interactive inflatables and ping pong tables. In addition, we have a wonderful array of prizes -- iPods, gaming systems, printers and Flat Screen TVs just to name a few.
Any questions - Please contact Jeannie Kriftcher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please support the After Prom by making a contribution and/or volunteering to help.
Your support is greatly appreciated!
FOOD DONATIONS ARE NEEDED FOR OUR WEEKLY
As we approach the final months of the school year, we are running low on food.
Please help the WPTSO feed over 25 students through the weekly Backpack Program. We fill backpacks with donated food every Friday and students at risk of going hungry over the weekend pick them up and return them empty Monday morning. Please consider donating non-perishables which you or your student can drop off in the main office.
Most needed items:
Individual cups of fruit
Microwave cups of Mac n cheese
Chef Boy-Ar-Dee pastas
Stop & Shop or Shop Rite gift cards are greatly appreciated!
Individual servings and/or small sizes (no glass please) work best for packaging. We would happily accept monetary donations as well.
Your next opportunity to buy Spirit Wear
will be Friday,
11:00am - 1:15pm
Please make checks payable to "Westhill PTSO"
RENEW YOUR MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTIONS AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT WESTHILL!
You can purchase or renew subscriptions to your favorite magazines at up to 85% off! Each time you make a purchase, our WPTSO will receive up to 40%! You can also support us by sharing this information with friends and family.
It's quick and easy -- and it will help make a difference!
If this newsletter was forwarded to you by a friend, and you would like to receive the Westhill Newsletter each week, please e-mail email@example.com