Dear Friends & Family of LapSF and the Surgical Weight Loss Center of Hawaii,
Please take the time to see our new address and phone numbers listed below.
Happy Holidays to You,
From everyone at LapSF
We Are Moving!|
We are very excited to announce that Laparoscopic Associates of San Francisco is moving offices. As of January 1st, our new office location will be:
1700 California Street, Suite 280
San Francisco, CA 94109
(cross street Van Ness Ave.)
*Our new Phone Numbers as of January 1st:
Main office: (415) 820-5939
Fax: (415) 820-5946
Amy, Dietitian: (415) 820-5944
Gretchen, Surgery Coordinator: (415) 820-5945
There will be parking available below the office building. See you there in the New Year!
Santa Rosa Clinic|
Dr. Cirangle will be having clinic in Santa Rosa on Saturday, January 8th from 1-5pm. Call to make an appointment.
Chernoff Plastic Surgery and Laser Center
830 Second Street
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
The office will be closed for the upcoming holidays:
Friday, December 24th- Christmas Eve
Friday, December 31st- New Year's Eve
Monday, February 17th - Martin Luther King Day
After many meals and a couple of days, leftovers can get shoved to the back of the refrigerator. If you're going back for seconds days later, be careful. Putting foods in the refrigerator or freezer stops most bacteria from growing, but there are 2 exceptions: Listeria (found in lunch meats, hot dogs, and some soft cheeses) and Yersinia enterocolitica (found in undercooked pork).
Here are the rules for leftovers:
2 HOURS: Refrigerate or freeze leftovers within 2 hours of cooking. Otherwise throw them away
4 DAYS: Use leftovers from the refrigerator within 4 days. Reheat solid leftovers to 165 degrees and liquid leftovers to rolling boil. It is okay to toss away what you do not finish.
Upcoming Seminars & Support Groups|
Petaluma Seminar & Support Group
Saturday, January 8th from 9am - 11am
Sheraton Sonoma County- Petaluma
745 Baywood Drive
Petaluma, CA 94954
*9am for New Patient Seminar, 10am for Support Group
San Jose Seminar & Support Group
Wednesday, January 19th from 6pm - 8pm
2425 Samaritan Drive
*Located in the teleconference trailers in the East Parking Lot
Sacramento Seminar & Support Group
Saturday, January 22nd from 9am - 11am
Red Lion Hotel at Arden Village
1401 Arden Way
Stockton Seminar & Support Group
Saturday, January 22nd from 1pm - 3pm
3252 West March Lane
San Francisco Seminar & Support Group
**To Be Announced given MLK Day**
Hawaii Seminars & Support Groups
**First week of February; Specific dates To Be Announced**
click here for calendar of events
Mini Quiche Recipe|
A perfect idea for a light brunch if you're hosting company. Also, bring as an appetizer or entree for the next pot luck. Its always a smart idea to bring a healthy choice to the table, then you won't need to question what you're going to eat!
4 strips turkey bacon
1 tablespoon olive oil
10 ounces white mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 small shallot, thinly sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cups baby spinach
Pinch of nutmeg
4 large eggs
4 egg large whites
1/4 cup skim milk
1/3 cup grated Fontina cheese
Mixed greens for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 12-cup nonstick muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mist a large nonstick skillet with more nonstick cooking spray and put over medium heat. Add the turkey bacon and cook turning frequently until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and coarsely chop.
3. In the same skillet, heat the oil. Add the mushrooms, shallot, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until shallots are soft and the mushrooms are dry and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the baby spinach and nutmeg until the spinach is just wilted, 2 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, and salt and pepper until well combined. Stir in the cheese. Divide the egg mixture evenly between the muffin tins, filling them about halfway. Top evenly with the mushroom and spinach mixture and then the chopped bacon.
5. Bake until the quiches are golden brown and set, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature with greens.
Wishing you very safe & happy holidays,
-The Team at Laparoscopic Associates of San Francisco & the Surgical Weight Loss Center of Hawaii