Susan’s Mila Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Yield: 12 muffins
Oven Temp: 350 F (180 C)
Baking Time: 25 min
All Purpose Flour: 2 cups 500ml
Baking soda: 1 teaspoon 5ml
Salt: 1 teaspoon 5ml
Semi sweet chocolate chips: 1½ cup 250ml
Butter: 1/4 cup
Granulated sugar: 3/4 cup 175ml
Eggs: 2 large
Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon 5ml
Ripe Bananas: 1 cup 250ml
6 scoops Mila
1 cup water 250 ml
-Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C) and prepare 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl mix together the first 3 ingredients of the dry mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips
-Hydrate Mila with 1 cup water and let sit 5-10 minutes
- Cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Mash the bananas an add bananas and vanilla to the moist mixture.
- Add the hydrated Mila to mixture and blend with mixer
- Add the moist mixture to the dry mixture all at once. Stir until batter is moist but still lumpy.
- Fill 12 muffin cups 3/4 full of batter.
- Bake 25 minutes.
HINT: Two large or three medium bananas prepared in a food processor will yield approximately 1 cup of mashed banana.
For more information about Mila, please visit my website at http://www.lifemax.net/ctrahan/