Happy New Year!
Registration is open for the 14th annual Ride for Missing ChildrenFriday, May 16, 2014.
Riding with a group? Register as a team and join our fundraising competition! Top Team will win a great prize from NCMEC!
- A Captain must go to our registration page and create a team
- Once the captain has created the team name and has registered, they
must notify each member of their team to come into Active and register
as a part of their team.
- Each member who is notified that their team has been created can
then come into the main registration page and select their team from the drop down menu and complete their registration.
"We ride to raise awareness for the injustices
that are committed against our children. We ride as a community and as a family
to make a difference. We ride to enjoy the camaraderie of friends new and old.
We ride no matter how hot, how cold, how rainy, snowy, hilly or flat - we ride
together as a family. We learn quickly that no matter how hard it is for us
physically, we persevere for those families among us that have suffered from
not knowing where their children are. We ride for those families who need us
and who gain strength from us. We ride to raise awareness and
show support for those families whose children are or have been in harm’s way.
We become an extension of their families, and along the way, they become an
extension of ours."
We are currently working on an east side Ride Route from Total Sports Experience in East Rochester (435 West Commercial Street). This will enable us to reach many more schools on the east side. More information on the Route and Schools Stops coming soon!
Rider Pledge $300 ($250 if you recruit a new rider, $50 reciprocal rider).
Register now and start your fundraising early! It's easy on Active.com.
Training Rides (Orientation/Safety)
Orientation rides will begin in April. New Riders are required to participate in at least 2 of these rides. The purpose of these rides is to learn how to ride safely in a group. Endurance training should be done on your own as well.
Volunteer to help!
Contact Martha Tuke at email@example.com
For more information on our Ride for Missing Children, please contact Kathy Aspenleiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 585-242-0900 ext. 3328.
- Registration begins at 6:45am
- Riders depart at 8:00am
- Riders stop at 5-6 schools for rest stop, refreshments and educational programs with children
- Riders return to TSE at 5:45pm
- 6:00pm Closing Ceremony/Dinner
We appreciate your support!
In Kind Sponsors
How can you help the
- Do you know a business that would be willing to
donate any service/goods for the Ride?
- Is there a business that you know that might want
to become a sponsor of the Ride and advertise their business?
- Do you want to become more involved with the Ride? Join the planning committee!
is to help prevent child abduction and sexual exploitation;
help find missing children; and assist victims of abduction and sexual
exploitations, their families, and the professionals who serve them.
Did you know?
- Every day in the US, 2,200 children are reported
- Approximately 3,300 children are reported
missing annually in Western New York.
- 1 in 7 children ages 10-17 are sexually
- 1 in 5 girls and 1 in 10 boys will be sexually
victimized before age 18.
- NCMEC’s recovery rate is 96.8%, up from 62% in
2014 Ride Dates
Mohawk Valley - May 16
Buffalo - May 30
30th Anniversary -
Capital District - Sept. 19
Syracuse - Sept. 26