Click to view this email in a browser

Vine News - March 2009

VineLogo.gif
 What is RADAR?

Vine Solutions is excited to announce the new conversion to Radar. Radar will allow all Clients of Vine Solutions to be able to view hidden information about your restaurant that you may not otherwise be able to see. By combining all of your critical data onto one easy to use dashboard, you will have the tools necessary to improve the profitability of your restaurant. This application allows you the ability to eliminate overtime, reduce server and manager fraud, increase sales through proactive server salesmanship training, managing your inventory levels and plate costs, and much more.
 
One of Radar’s new features is an Online Manager Log (OML). OML allows unit managers and owners the ability to log daily events and tasks in a web based application. Sales and weather data is automatically captured. OML is accessible from any web accessible PC. These notes and numbers can be sent to your e-mail box every morning if you so desire.

Another new feature is batch reporting, where as reports of your choice can be e-mailed to you on a daily basis. Batch reporting is yet another tool to streamline the office applications of running a profitable restaurant.

Vine Solutions hopes that these features along with everything that Radar already offers will help take you one step above the competition. Our hope is that this will save you time in the office and eliminate the time you spend hunting for data. Then you will finally be able to focus on your guests, staff, and business operations.

 
 2009 Updates

Going into effect on April 1st 2009 will be an increase of 1% in sales and use tax in California. In addition, vendors who reside or do business in certain counties will also have additional increases to their sales and use tax. Counties affected are Amador, Humboldt, Kern, Los   Angeles, Orange, Sacramento, San Diego, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Marin, Sonoma, and Ventura. You can view a more detailed description of the increases on the State Board of Equalization website. Please be sure to make any necessary updates to your POS to account for these changes before April 1st.

Other updates include changes in reference to wage and tax incentives along with new cobra rules that will affect employers in 2009. The IRS has information on the new income tax withholding percentage and wage bracket method tables due to the Making Work Pay credit that was outlined in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. You can view the IRS Publication 15-T for more information. For those of you who have payroll processing through Vine Solutions, these new withholding schedules will automatically be implemented with your payroll processing beginning in March.

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 also highlights COBRA changes. These changes allow former employees who were enrolled in their employer’s health plan at the time that they lost their jobs to only be required to pay 35 percent of the COBRA cost. The   employers are then eligible to a credit for the other 65 percent of the COBRA Cost. You can view detailed     information about this on the Department of Labor Website.

If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Don’t Miss these Upcoming Culinary Events!

 
National Restaurant Association Show
May 16-19 2009
Chicago, IL
http://show.restaurant.org

Share Our Strength’s Taste of the Nation
San Francisco Event
April 23, 2009
AT&T Park, San Francisco
Los Angeles Event
June 14, 2009
Media Park, Culver City, CA
http://taste.strength.org

American Culinary Federation
National Convention
July 11-14 2009
Orlando, Florida
www.acfchefs.org
 

SF Chefs. Food. Wine.
August 6-9 2009
Union Square, San Francisco
www.sfchefsfoodwine.com

Western Foodservice & Hospitality Expo
August 30-Sept. 1, 2009
San Diego Convention Center
www.westernfoodexpo.com

Forward this message to a friend | phone: (415) 927-3308




If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please reply to this message with "Unsubscribe" in the subject line or simply click on the following link: Unsubscribe

Vine Solutions, Inc.
200 Tamal Plaza, Suite 100
Corte Madera, California 94925
US

Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy.

Try Email Marketing with VerticalResponse!