Help Animals India would like to share some of the life-changing projects that your support has made a reality.
Dogs Freed from Meat Trade!
It's unbelievable that dogs and cats are eaten in some areas of India. Although the consumption of dog meat is against the law, these provisions are openly ignored by dog meat traders and local authorities in the N.E. states of Mizoram and Nagaland where dog meat is consumed.
| Help Animals India is actively engaged in funding rescue and rehoming of dogs from the meat "trade" with support to NGO's and individual activists. We are driven to help not only for the dogs that break our hearts, it is the tears of the activists who witness these atrocities and take action to stop them. Rescue videos are on our YouTube channel.|
When we see our beloved companion dogs and cats sent to slaughter and eaten, we find the practice barbaric and unfathomable. But what is the true difference between eating our beloved dog and a chicken, cow, goat, or any other species? Every being has the same desire to live, every being trembles in fear and pain. At Help Animals India, we advocate against the eating of any animal – be her dog, cat, cow, camel, goat, or anyone.
Disaster Relief: Who Will Help the Animals?
As the United States watched in horror the disasters of hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, one of the largest floods in Asia history was happening throughout northeastern India and Nepal, impacting more than 40 million people. But who will help the animals? That's where we came in – a collaboration between Help Animals India, A Well Fed World, and Just Be Friendly in Assam, caring for and feeding thousands of the animal flood victims.
Beagles FREED from Animal Testing Labs!
In partnership with the hardworking PFA Chennai, Help Animals India supported the rescue and care for beagles – aka FREAGLES – who were rescued from cruel animal testing labs in India universities. These dogs are now adopted to safe homes, where they'll never suffer another day.
Vegan Meals to School Children Raises School Attendance
Help Animals India, A Well Fed World, and Grassroots Movement in Nepal collaborated to provide healthy vegan meals to impoverished school children in mountain villages of Nepal. For some of these children this might be the only full meal for the day. As a result, the number of new students has risen 25 percent! And school attendance is rapidly increasing as well! And as a side bonus, many of the students are girls, empowering these young ladies with an education and future! And the produce is purchased locally, thereby helping the local economy. And of course, animals are being helped by keeping them off the plate! If you're tempted to donate to "animal gifting" programs such as Heifer International this holiday season, our school lunch program offers a cruelty-free and results-driven alternative.
But there's more! This year, your donations have also:
- Saved cats from being eaten in the cruel cat meat trade
- Provided sanctuary and care for elephants rescued from abusive and cruel conditions
- Saved camels from the cruel fate of slaughter
- Saved chickens, pigs, camels, cows, and buffalos from the cruel fate of slaughter
- Sterilized thousands of street dogs and cats, saving countless puppies and kittens from being born unwanted to a harsh life on the street
- Provided street dog rescue and vaccinations to isolated villages without proper vet care, thereby eliminating the rabies risk
- Rescued and cared for wild animals such as civet cats, sloth bears, monkeys, and deer
- Fed and cared for rescued cows, buffaloes, camels, equines, dogs, and cats in shelters
- Rescued working donkeys from Nepal's cruel brick kiln industry
- Supported vegan advocacy in India and Nepal
- Provided modern veterinary training and supplies
- Provided humane education to schools in Nepal
- Continued the impactful Sarnath Animal Welfare dog sterilization program, where the community has been completely transformed from dog-fearing to dog-loving!
- Given the small things, like water bowls, blankets, toys, treats, and the large things such as ambulances for rescue — and much more!
There are few things in this world that can be said completely without a doubt. And this we know is true: it is ONLY BECAUSE OF YOU that these projects happened. It is only because of your kind donation – be it $10 or $10,000 – that Help Animals India and its partner charities were able to save lives, give medical care, feed, house, LOVE these animals (and people too!). And this is what Help Animals India can promise to you: your donations will make a difference. We promise.
Your donations might treat a suffering dog from the street, sterilize a feral cat, fund an ambulance or train a veterinarian but wherever it goes, your donation WILL change lives. How could we ever thank you enough for that?
With deepest appreciation from all of the animals and the people who serve them, thank you and many wishes for your success in your worthy activities to bring happiness for all,
Eileen Weintraub and Help Animals India Board
|P.S. Remember every dollar you donate goes a long way in India and Nepal where the animals' needs are great, but the cost of serving them is very low. The U.S. dollar is way up against the rupee so your go donations continue to go very far indeed. Please, be as generous as you can today!|
|AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Help Animals India. |