Contact County Council Members Today!
At a meeting of the Charleston County Council's Finance Committee yesterday, the committee voted against the proposal of the Sea Islands Greenway, opting instead to seek $5 million for minimal safety improvements on island roads. At the committee meeting, they voted to take the greenway off the proposal.
Each County Council member needs to know now, by e-mail or phone, that Johns Island needs the greenway, not just to alleviate traffic, but also for safety.
You can contact the Council members at the info below:
* Joe McKeown - firstname.lastname@example.org, 843-343-4991
* Dickie Schweers - email@example.com, 843-513-9229
* J. Elliott Summey - firstname.lastname@example.org, 843-200-4244
* Henry Darby - email@example.com, 843-697-7715
* Teddie E. Pryor, Sr. - firstname.lastname@example.org, 843-958-4030
* A. Victor Rawl - email@example.com, 843-766-7334
* Colleen T. Condon - firstname.lastname@example.org, 843-225-7288
* Curtis Inabinett - 843-889-3949
* Paul Thurmond - email@example.com, 843-937-8000
Clerk of Council Beverly Craven should be copied on each e-mail sent to council members. Her e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your letters to the editor at the Post and Courier can also make a difference. You can submit your letter to the editor via e-mail to email@example.com. Be sure to copy each Council member on any editorial that you submit.
Council will be voting on the proposed $5 million for safety improvements on Johns Island roads at its full meeting on Tuesday, Aug. 17 at 7 p.m. They have the ability to place the greenway back on the agenda. You should also attend that meeting to show your support of the greenway in front of the Council.
The meeting is being held at Council Chambers at the Lonnie Hamilton, III Public Services Building (4045 Bridge View Drive; N. Charleston 29405). There is a large parking lot there and plenty of free parking.
For more information and to sign up for mailings about the Sea Islands Greenway, please visit www.supportthegreenway.org.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this matter that involves our combined futures.
Support the Sea Islands Greenway