We are looking to get some old committees up and running and establish some new committees to work on projects throughout our school! We are looking for committee chairs at this time. Chairs are not responsible for all the activities related to a committee, but in setting an agenda and organizing other volunteers to help the committee reach its goals! Please email email@example.com
if your interested in heading up any of the following committees!
The Green Committee:
The Green Committee will organize Earth Day activities and investigate and implement ways to help SRFACS reduce its carbon footprint. Whether this be improving our recycling program, reducing our waste, working with the Bicycle Committee to encourage alternate modes of transportation, or any number of other possibilities. The Green Committee will work with the Public Relations Committee about any noteworthy strides SRFACS makes for appropriate press releases.
The Talent Show Committee: The Talent Show Committee will be responsible for organizing the school-wide Talent Show, to take place in the Spring of each year. The TSC will advertise and host auditions and help students prepare, as well as plan the event.
The Safety/Neighborhood Relations Committee: This committee will be responsible for neighborhood safety issues pertaining our school and will be a liaison with the police department, if necessary. It will investigate issues that may be a safety concern for SRFACS students. The Safety/Neighborhood Relations Committee will also work to maintain a positive relationship with residents in the Doyle Park vicinity by communicating with neighborhood members as they reach out with requests, as well as SRFACS families about parking etiquette.
Kindergarten Welcome Committee
- The role of the Kindergarten Welcome Committee will be to organize activities and information to ease the transition of new Kindergarten families. The KWC will develop materials (in English, French and Spanish) to provide/collect new families with information about SRFACS. The KWC will organize a picnic at Doyle Park after Kindergarten orientation to allow new families to meet and potentially organize park playdates over the summer to allow the children a chance to meet before school starts.
- The Public Relations committee will explore ways to promote SRFACS in our community. Tasks may include: press releases, writing articles for La Plume, reaching out to local preschools and parent organizations, and looking at ways to promote our school in events like the Rose Parade.
Walk & Roll to School - Wednesday, Feb 6th
The SRFACS Bike Committee encourages all students, staff and families
to make Wednesdays Walk and Roll to School Days.
Enjoy the cool air and the exercise! It's a great way to start the day.
Get on your bikes and ride!
The SRFACS Bike Committee
SRFACS C.A.R.E.S. (Compassionate, Active, Responsible, Engaged Students)
Clothing Drive to benefit The Living Room
Collection Dates & Locations
At drop-off: Thursday 2/7, Friday 2/8
Thursday 2/14, Friday 2/15
There will be a large plastic container for donations on the school front
lawn (by the gate) supervised by a parent.
Children dropped off by car can easily
make the deposit if items are small and placed in a bag.
Inside School: Friday 2/8- Friday 2/22
There will be a large plastic container in the room across from the school office
(uniform donation area). If your item(s) don’t fit in the container, please do not leave additional bags in this room. The container will be emptied daily to accommodate as many donations as possible.
Clothing Requested by The Living Room:
- Highest Priority: All weather coats for women and children
- Children’s clothing (size 2T-5/6 clothing always needed)
- Women’s clothing (pants needed, particularly sizes 2-6)
Please note: They are not accepting undergarments or pajamas and
request that all items be “gently used, in good condition.
**Our goal is quality over quantity so please check over your items before donating!
If you have any questions or need an alternative drop off location for a large donation (ie multiple coats), please contact Robin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Skate and Donate -
Thursday, Feb 7th 6:00-8:00 pm